Article V- Officers
The officers of the SFC Board of Directors shall be Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.
At that time the Board shall also elect all other officersĄ deemed necessary and approved by the Board.
Section 3-Duties (Chairperson)
It shall be their duty to:
1. Perform all such duties which are incidental to this office and such other duties as may be required by law, these Bylaws or which may be directed by the Board.
2. To preside at meetings of the Board.
3. To appoint all committees and committee chairpersons subject to the approval of the Board.
4.To serve as an ex-officio member of all standing and ad-hoc committees.
5. To present at the annual meeting a report of the activities of the previous year and a statement of plans for the following year, with a copy of such report to be attached to the minutes.
Section 4-Duties (Vice Chair)
1. In the absence of the Chairperson, or in the event of his/her inability or refusal to act, or if the office is vacated, the V.P. shall perform all duties of the Chairperson, and when acting, have all powers and subject to all restrictions of the Chairperson. The Vice-Chair shall have such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned him by the Board.
Section 5-Duties (Secretary)
1. Keep or cause to be kept:
A. Bylaws as amended or otherwise altered.
B. Minutes of all meetings.
C. Membership book containing names and addresses of all Board members.
2. In general, perform all duties incidental to the office of Secretary, and such duties assigned by the Board or as required by law.
Section 6-Duties (Treasurer)
1. Keep or cause to be kept and maintained adequate, and correct amounts of SFC business transactions, including accounts of its assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, surpluses and deficits. 2. Present at all regular meetings an account of any or all transactions and the financial condition of the SFC.
3.Prepare or cause to be prepared an annual audit and certification of the financial statements to be included in the annual report to the Board. Present at the annual meeting a financial report to be attached to the minutes.
4. The treasurer shall receive and shall cause to be received all moneys and pay all invoices against SFC by check signed by the treasurer and the chairperson.
5. In general, perform all duties incidental to the office of Treasurer and such other duties assigned by the Board or as required by law.
1.The board can appoint among qualified candidates an Executive Director and such other agents of the SFC as the Board deems advisable.
Return to Bylaws
|Home Page||Current Projects||Healing the Headwaters||River Introduction|
|Photo Album||Watershed Map||Newsletter||Awards|
|Guest Book||Friends & Links||By-Laws||Contact us|